Monday 21 March 2016

Thankful for Godly Sisters

For some time,I had concluded that sisters were not as spiritual;since whenever we engaged it would be rare to engage on spiritual matters.Or maybe I was the problem now that I think of it.Fast forward to 2015,I meet a sister who only speaks about God and I always learnt something from her.Sadly,she left Cape Town.Then God blessed me with a friend and we also started studying the Bible at church and I was always blessed and still am whenever I engage with her.

And ever since,I've met a lot of sisters who love God and who have a true experience with God.But yesterday was an exception!An exception because I learned a lot of spiritual lessons and I was encouraged to take my cross again and follow Jesus.

So,we gathered to go do a health expo at Nyanga and while we waited,we spoke about certain issues that where bothering us in our spiritul walk.

One thing that came out was the compromise of principles within the church.But we also learnt that we have a responsibility to do something whenever we see a problem.There's no use complaining about how the pastors are worldly or this or that.The question is,what are we actually doing about the whole issue?Are we praying about it,are going with a Christ-like mind to show those that are off path?

I also learnt that it's important that we always have the mind of Christ-to mingle justice and mercy.Often,we always want to bash out those we see doing wrong.But do we take the time to see the motive behind whatever they are doing?Some people may have motives,but they may have no idea how to go about something.Also ignorance plays a big role.

I also learnt that it's important to consider other people's temperaments when engaging with them.Glad a sister pointed this out.As a melancholic I tend to want things to be done a certain way,which is how I view it and whenever this is not so,I struggle.But I'm learning that-if it is God's way and in line with His Word,then it is okay since God is infallible and it is all about Him at the end.

I also learnt that you cannot evangelise someone who's broken,without first trying to get at the root of the problem.Often these souls just want kindness,care and us showing them that we are there for them-since they often build a barrier to protect themselves.

AND LASTLY,my facourite theme:individuality!!!!!We can all be principled Christians without mimicing each other and that's perfectly fine.The Holy Spirit is working to perfect us in own personalities!

On the downside,as SDA sisters we are still unfriendly.Many visitors are being neglected while we stand in our cliques...We are not to forget to "entertain visitors".It is a Christian duty!

But I'm blessed.I am encouraged.I am thankful for sisters who choose Christ.

2 comments:

  1. hello Mercy I hope you are well. I have been reading your posts a lot lately and I have to say I'm encouraged. I have been going through a lot lately my life is not going well in all spheres please pray for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only saw this now !!!!I asked Zizipho where you were.Please give me your email address on:mjoy276@gmail.com.I'll definitely pray for you sis!God encourage you.Isaiah 42:6

    ReplyDelete

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...