Thursday 10 March 2016

The solution is IN Christ and Him ALONE

Just a bit of intro: Growing up,I did feel insecure about who I was because of comments made by outsiders.I always felt like I was not "beautiful' enough etc.And so,because I felt I wasn't beautiful,I relied on my brain and my confidence was in it.

Then there were talks about self-esteem and I did have a low self-esteem.Mostly,these talks always direct you to look "within".But as I think of it,why must I look within?What's there to begin with?

The reality is,even as Christians we suffer from insecurities but as I reflect,I believe all these insecurities are a reflection that Christ is not in His rightful place in our lives.When we start making Christ our all,when we remove our eyes from ourselves-our abilities,our achievements etc and cast them on Christ,then we have security.

It is when we give ALL to Christ that we're able to feel complete and be complete.We can talk about self-worth etc but we need to start at the foundation-that on our own,we have no good and it is only Christ who adds value in our lives.

If we want to be secure,complete,THEN we need to remove our eyes from ourselves and look to our Creator.

I'm learning that,when we live a life that is all about us-a life where we want others to praise us,others to think highly of us,where it's all about us and what others think of us,then we cannot be fulfilled.

And so I conclude,we do NOT need talks on self-worth,self-esteem,confidence,inner beauty and the latter;we need to behold Christ and we need to know Him intimately,then He will make clear what our worth is,because He's our Creator and only He can point us in the right direction. 



1 comment:

  1. Exactly. He's the only source of security, completeness. The only One Who revealed what we are worth...Death on a cross.

    ReplyDelete

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...