Tuesday 22 March 2016

Perhaps we are like children


Children who are constantly told not do something,but nonetheless go on.

I'm watching children who are told to do the same thing everyday;but alas they must forced to do it or even beaten/shouted at before they do it.The worst part is,you can see that they don't take it seriously.

But it's not that different to how we (I) are in our Christianity.Daily we are falling at the same point=thoughts,appetite,works of flesh,short temper etc.But God wants to give us victory.

Perhaps,like little children who take the lessons they are taught as unimportant,so we are in our Christian walk.Constantly,we receive instruction from the Word of God or the pulpit;but no change is seen.

And as these children disrespect me,not caring when I say 'no';I then realize how much I break God's heart.

There's nothing pitiful like looking at children who have no respect what-so-ever;even after being straightened,they seem worse.How much more pitiful,when this is the exact state of our Christianity?

Perhaps,I should not have children-it's safer that way.If I,not being the parent of these souls,feel hopeless about them (even though they are not beyond God's grace),how much more with their parents?

And as I digress,I'm for the behaviorists' proposal-Indeed children are born in a tabula rasa and iti s the environment that determines their behaviour.Of course,the innate could be responsible,personality-wise;but the nature/environment has much influence in how the child turns out to be.

Time to get off milk and eat solid food in our Christianity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...