Thursday 31 March 2016

Yes,Jesus is coming!But do you know the manner of His coming? Part 2

Allow me to digress from the topic a bit.I do apologize for taking long to write this post.It's just that I always have something to write about and I then putting other series blogposts on hold.I've decided that I'll try to talk about me or my views as little as possible-due to the time I live in-end of times and the title of my blog.Sometimes I look back at some posts and ask,how is this helping to rebuild any woman?

My opinions which I'd like to think are in line with God's Word or should be,will be kept in my journal or in another blog I've created :-).From now on,I'm hoping this could be "less of my observations" and more on "what He says".Although I'll share lessons God is teaching me,what I'm thankful for,and testimonies.



In Matthew 24,the disciples ask Jesus about the signs that will show that His return is soon.As Jesus mentions these,he tells the disciples that the will be false prophets and many deceptions  (verse 5,11).And indeed this happening.As he goes on speaking,He mentions that there will be many who will declare themselves as Christs and He goes on to mention the manner of His coming .I believe all that He mentions links up to His coming.

For example,many deceptions have come up claiming that Christ's coming will be secret
Some have come claiming to be Jesus and many will arise

So,since there are many lies about Christ's return we need to go back to the Word.In the same chapter,Jesus reveals that His coming will be like lightning (verse 27).So,His coming will be visible.It will not be hidden.The word of God continues to tell us that Christ will be surrounded by thousands of angels when He comes.How can that be hidden then?If Jesus is coming with power and great glory how can he hide?

In other Scriptures,we are told,all will see Christ when He returns 'including those who perced him' (Revelation 1:7).How can then Christ's coming be secret?In fact,we are told of those who will cry to the mountains to fall on them when Jesus comes and other group which rejoices when he comes (Revelations 6:16;Isaiah 25:9).So,not only the righteous living see Christ but the unrighteous too and it is due to seeing his him,in his glory,that they will die-for God is a ''consuming fire" and he cannot co-exist with sin.

Also,Jesus says,when we hear about Jesus being in a certain place-implying 'seen by only a few'/secret rapture we should not go,for His coming will be visible to EVERYONE at that time to see (verse 26,27)

Also,His angels are mentioned to have a trumpet-so not only will Christ's return visible but it will also be audible (1 Thessalonians 4:16).

The problem with the rapture theory is :It rules out the ressurection of the dead in Christ.And if there be no resurrection,what is the hope of the Christian?For why will Jesus even come?

Also,it rules at the death of the wicked,the millenium and so many other Biblical Doctrines.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...