Thursday 19 May 2016

A pitiful God YET victorious:Judges 4


verse 1:"And the children of Israel again did evil in the sight of the Lord, when Ehud was dead."

After reading this verse,I actually pitied God.I thought the Israelites would actually get to a point where they finally choose God and not turn back.But sadly,it became a cycle-to worship God after a victory and then when the One who had brought about a revival dies,they also stop.Isn't that how it is?We become revived and strengthened during the week of prayers,the revivals,the seminars,the 10 days of prayers and camp meetings.But when they come to an end,our experience with God also comes to an end.We no longer make time for prayer,we suddenly ralize we are busy,and we suddenly realize we have other things to focus.How much it must hurt to God.Have mercy on my soul Lord!

God is the first individual to be cheated on,even though He is a God.How sad!For thousands of years,God's hearts has been ripped-promises have been made and soon after broken.He has been taken like a fool!Don't we fear God?How can you not fear the One who knows your thoughts before you even utter them?How do we lose reverence for such a being?So,I found myself hurting for God,even though I am the cause as well.What if it were to be reciprocated?What if God can make promises to us and then turn around and act like He never did?It would sure hurt.The least we can do is to respond in love.

We have been "called and chosen",the least we can be is to be faithful (Revelation 17:14)

But God "long-suffering,merciful,kind" gives Israel another chance.Like in the past chapters,even at these instance,there are faithful servants of God.God bless them.Had not it been for their faithful,then what?Although God is not limited to human vessels,the work depends on their faithfulness.

God speaks to his prophetess,Deborah,and commands her and she obeys.She had so much faith in the Lord and commanded Barak with faith.Again another challenge:Have I such a close walk with my heavenly Father that,I've learnt to listen to His voice and hear Him?Do I quickly obey,without laying obstacles as excuses?God needs such women-women who trust God more than their feelings and what society says.

May we be counted amongst the faithful.Let us vindicate the character on our heavenly Father.He deserves better.
 





 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...