Thursday 26 May 2016

The secret things belong to God


" The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law."-Deuteronomy 29:29

Do you eve find yourself so absorbed in the "hows" of the future,to the extent that you fill overwhelmed?I sometimes do.I sometimes wonder how everything will turn out.But God has  been reminding me tomorrow is not mine.Getting worried about something you have no control over is just a waste of time.

But knowing that God is control makes it all worth while because he has promised "I know the thought I have towards you,thoughts of peace and to give you an expected end"(Jeremiah 29:11).He has also promised to "uphold thee with  the right hand of my righteousness" (Isaiah 41:10).We spend time buying unneccesary worry:worried about funds for studies,getting work,marriage and so forth.As young people we find ourselves focusing more on things we have no control over and if not careful,we might end up neglecting the call for our existence.

God has called "unto righteousness" and He promised "to be with us,strengthen us,and to help us"(Isaiah 41:10).Our duty is "to know the things revealed to us" through the Scriptures because they able to make us "wise unto salvation" (2 Timothy 3:15).This is what should absorb us.But at times,we find ourselves concerned about things that will not give us knowledge about God and His will.It's easy to be absorbed in the lives of others,or with what's happening around us such that we lose out on the connection with God.

Our business is one: "to know God" (John 17:3) for our salvation is closely linked with knowing God and leading others to Him.

Tomorrow is the Lord's
The future is the Lord's
Whether you will marry is God's to decide
How everything will work out belongs to God-our is to hold onto His promises
Ours is to trust Him today and let Him lead daily.

He who has promised is faithful!

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."-Isaiah 41:10


"I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;"-Isaiah 46:2


"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."-John 17:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...