Saturday 28 May 2016

"And this gospel of the kingdom":Sabbath Reflection


Back from church and filled with so much gratitude!!!Thankful for the blessed Sabbath.We currently not worshipping on campus since it's close to exam time-so we cannot use the venues here.So,we get to worship at the closest SDASM or go to a church of your choice.So,the Holy Spirit really impressed upon my heart to visit the church I called home-Belhar SDA Church.

I love this church.It's home.I remeber feeling lonely one Sabbath morning and as I got to church,I got the warmest hug and after that,an elderly lady told me she loved me.That just comforted me in ways I cannot explain.The members of the church are really loving and I've met great brothers who are close to my heart-who possess such zeal for the Lord that whenever I get to meet with them,I learn something.In particular,there have been 2 brothers who've really been an inspiration.One from Angola-he was so active in the church and would always reach out to others who didn't know God,even it was his first time in S.A.He quickly learnt English and he would go to the station to share the tracts.

Then the other one,would share his great experiences about preaching in the train and the Bible studies he'd have with his housemates.So today,it was him preaching and he shared on the sanctuary and linked it with the plan of salvation.I was blessed and I'm going to medidate on the message.

After the divine service,I got to meet two of his housemates.Man,God bless his efforts.He's been sharing about the sanctuary message,the papacy,the beasts,anti-christ and the mark of the beast.One brother he brought was testifying how he now clearly sees the link between the Old and the Testament and how Daniel makes sense.He mentioned how he loved SDAs because of their knowledge of the Bible.He will be going home Monday,back to Nigeria and he cannot wait to share all he has learnt with others.

In fact,he said the brother who invited him could be a pastor there,since he knows much of the Bible.These are stories I like to hear!Indeed,God has faithful workers.It's also a reminder to me that God can reach everyone.So,such a blessed sabbath and just meeting the lovely ladies and everyone was great.

Let me get back to my Sabbath programme :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...