Thursday 12 May 2016

What are we doing about "blessers" and "blessees"?


Yesterday,I was listening to SA fm and there was a short discussion on what can be done to reduce the number of girls sleeping around for the sake of money.A few suggestions included encouraging girls to go to school and fighting it as a society.I'm still trying to brainstorm honestly.It's a tragic condition.

Maybe we need more seminars on the worth of women in God's eyes?More prayers?More Campaigns etc?But I believe the education system also plays a role-I'm not justifying anything;but I believe the education system should encourage young people to be independent thinkers and to teach them skills that will enable them to be able to provide for themselves.We do not all need to go to Uni to make a living,we need skills that will equip us.

Let's brainstorm together:what can we do to save our sisters from such a lifestyle?

The sad part is,these women recklessly live their lives just to maintain a 'fancy" lifestyle.It is sad.Sexual intercourse has been turned into an object to get money-it has lost its sanctity.The Bible has professed it,"men will be lovers of themselves"(2 Tim 3:1) even if it means disregarding God's law.But I believe,these souls are not beyond God's redeeming grace.

I believe the family structure has much to do with this.Most girls come from broken homes where you do how you please.Also,they've had no father figure etc-but these are still not excuses.One woman said,she'll stop if she gets a job.It's all sad!

More role-models needed?

More hard-workers needed?

What must be done?Let's brainstorm please!


To see what I'm taking about,watch here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...