Wednesday 11 May 2016

Feeling Discouraged?

Broken?
Hurt?
Lonely?
Confused?
Overwhelmed?
Anxious?

The answer does not lie in eating a nice dessert or chocolate,listening to great songs or sleeping to feel better.God is the one to consult.Often,when met with discouragement we are tempted to escape into some "unrealistic" place-whether by watching a movie or just escaping the reality.But I'm learning that,God is the One to go to because He understands and He can comfort us.

Whenever I feel overwhelmed,the Word of God always soothes my Spirit,so does talking to God.I always feel easy,knowing for sure that a heavy burden has been removed-even if that does not involve a solution.Just knowing God is bearing the burden with me is enough.

God is enough and beyond my expectations and greater THAN all that troubles me-He's greater than my problems and what's great is that He never gets tired of listening me.He's always available!Imagine if God had slots for prayer-life would be burdensome!Glad God is ever present and ever so near.Regardless of how you feel,pray and read His Word.

" For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness."-Psalm 107:9


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...