Tuesday 3 May 2016

One wrong CANNOT be solved by another wrong!


If we want to solve rape, we can not start raping

If we want to solve murder,we cannot start killing

If we want to solve crime,we cannot all resort to crime

If we want to solve racism,we ourselves must not be racists

The mindset of harming those who harm you does not help humanity.In fact, it is the cause of bloodshed and moral decline of the society.Whenever one decides to do avenge evil for evil,that only results in a worse case scenario and that only makes the future bleak.Imagine a society where black who are not racist,who see whites as other fellow beings,who must be loved and respected,were to decide to be hateful towards them.How would this actually benefit them?I can attest that whenever you resolve to do evil for evil,you who avenge,suffer the most.Instead of being at peace,you suffer more.Your energy is constantly absorbed in harming the other party,you become bitter and you live a life that has not touched anyone.For what is the point of doing good to those who do you good?I view this as a selfish motive-doing good so that you can benefit.

As a Christian,Christ is our example.In our sinful nature,whenever one harms you,you just want to retaliate.But in all honesty,retaliation is defeat.It is a form of weakness.I know it's a hard pill to swallow,but it's the truth.I've come to learn that we will never have peace while we hate or cherish evil thoughts towards others.I have learnt these lessons on occasions where someone has harmed me.I remember how angry I was when I got mugged.If I was given the weapon,I'd be even willing to commit murder-I'm not a killer!But that's how angry I was.But did my anger bring back my phone,tablet,money,textbook?No,instead hating on the robber just made me unhappy and depressed.

In fact,retaliation does not bring any change.It hinders growth of the individual and the person misses out on many opportunities.In the scenario of racism,you actually miss out on developing beautiful friendships and actually improving the society at large-through peace.And if you look deeper,your salvation is a stake.

Looking at Christ,our example,even though he was mistreated,he never reacted.What would have happened if he retaliated?He would have sinned and a stain of sin would be found in him,removing him from being a spotless sacrifice,thus dismissing Him from being a ransom for our sins.Then all humanity would be enslaved to sin and eternal death will follow since God cannot coexist with sin.It would've been a sad ending.

Psalm 37:1-2King James Version (KJV)

37 Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb

Psalm 37:8-11King James Version (KJV)

Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.
10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...