Tuesday 19 May 2015

A plea to you, my sisters:




A dear friend of mine that has recently moved to Joburg called me yesterday. As we conversed, I asked if she had made any female friends. Her replied shocked me! She said No.Not even one of the girls from the church she went to had even bothered to find out who she was .Only the brothers befriended her. Isn’t this sad?

I know I for one still suffer from this syndrome.Manier times when we are at church we are so absorbed to be with our own friends so much that we don’t even bother making the visitors comfortable. May the Lord help us, for this is not love. The Bible says: “ by this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”(John 13:35).

We are even admonished to “not forget entertaining strangers” (Hebrews 13:2).It is a duty out of love. We sometimes are so consumed in looking good, in being with our “cliques” while there’s a soul that is lonely. Let us pray for genuine love which will not cause cliques/differences amongst sisters.
If we can’t love  each other here on earth, how will that happen in heaven? Most of those who backslide often mention the “coldness” we sisters have. What’s the use of being well-dressed and outward reformation, while the heart is cold and cannot reach to others?

Let’s pray that God helps us. We are all equal to God. Love that shows itself to those that are close to you only is not the love of God. Looking at the Spirit that the disciples and the women had before the ascension of the Holy Spirit: we are told they shared things, they were in one accord and they prayed together. Can we even pray together as sisters? Do we even pray for each other? Do we even share or we are pleased to filled and covered?

Let’s pray for reformation of the heart. Include me in your prayers as I will be praying for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...