Sunday 31 May 2015

Godly women in this day and age :)

Elisabeth Elliot comes to mind.She and her husband and her husband's friends went to  a certain country (can't remember the name) to share the good news about Christ.Her husband and his friends were killed.But instead of leaving the country,she continued to serve these people and spreading the gosplel.She is proof that the "peace of God surpasseth all understanding" and she defines self-denial.

For the past few months,I've been reading some of her quotes.They bless my soul.I struggled with the issue of feminity,submission UNTIL I came across her writings.God has gifted her with writings that calls the soul to Christ.She's challenged me to be pure,goldy,submissive,domestic and more.I'll keep sharing her quotes here.

“To me, a lady is not frilly, flouncy, flippant, frivolous and fluff-brained, but she is gentle, she is gracious, she is godly and she is giving. You and I have the gift of femininity... the more womanly we are, the more manly men will be and the more God is glorified. Be women, be only women, be real women in obedience to God.”
Elisabeth Elliot

“Christ is sufficient. We do not need "support groups" for each and every separate tribulation. The most widely divergent sorrows may all be taken to the foot of the same old rugged cross and find there cleansing, peace, and joy.”
Elisabeth Elliot, These Strange Ashes 

“Unless a man is prepared to ask a woman to be his wife, what right has he to claim her exclusive attention? Unless she has been asked to marry him, why would a sensible woman promise any man her exclusive attention? If, when the time has come for a commitment, he is not man enough to ask her to marry him, she should give him no reason to presume that she belongs to him.”
Elisabeth Elliot, Passion and Purity: Learning to Bring Your Love Life Under Christ's Control 

“God's command 'Go ye, and preach the gospel to every creature' was the categorical imperative. The question of personal safety was wholly irrelevant.”
Elisabeth Elliot



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...