Tuesday 5 May 2015

The Lord of peace and contentment

Last year was very challenging for me as I spent the year away from all my friends.I had always thought friends and a bf can fill that void but God taught me otherwise.I had this romanticised fantasy of how I'd be on cloud 9 if/when I had a bf-but this didn't happen.Instead,I felt lonely and there were times I felt I had no-one.

That's when I learnt that only God is able to fill that void.Often,loneliness is an indicator that we are far from God(but at times I could be due to our limited contact with people).But in my case I learnt:people can never complete me because they never created me.It is only when we go to the potter that we are mended and the pieces are put together.

Peace,for me,comes from my knees and from reading the word of God.There are instances when I feel overwhelmed by life's struggles and I find myself running ahead of God and try to figure out next year when I' living in 2015.But I'm learning that "the peace of God passeth all understanding" and it is only when I think of his promises that I am able to focus and be less anxious.

Jesus is our truest friend,he knows what it feels like to be lonely and feel out of place or feel misunderstood.His brothers didn't get him.He's the best person to run to when we feel out of place and prayer soothes every sorrow and he brings joy.

" Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. "-Isaiah 26:3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...