Friday 29 May 2015

THE LANGUAGE OF HEAVEN:PART 1

In the word of God we are commanded to do everything to the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31).And talking is part of "everything".Do we,by our speech,characterise the character of God,the character of love?Jesus came to live on earth and we told he words that were fitted for every season.Nowhere do we find him expressing any impatience in his speech nor any unkindness or anger.We are told his words were full of love and compassion,regardless of how he felt or was going through.

His speech was always "edifying and full of truth".And as Christ's followers we are to walk every path he took;even in our speech.I'm grateful to God for revealing this to me as I need reformation of speech.When I think in the past,I'm ashamed that I have spoked rudely to my brother or to my mum.But I thank God that he is helping me even in this area.

There's instances when I've seen parents shout and call their children "stupid" or just speaking in an unkind manner and this is always hurtful to watch.SOP goes on to say Christ is hurt and displeased when hurtful,spoken when words are spoken to little children or to anyone for that matter.In the word of God we are told about heaven and how angels always praise God.In heaven sin doesn't pervade there and there is no intolerance or hurtful words uttered there.And if we want to make it to heaven,we then have to prepare our speech now.

Our speech is a testimony on it own.When Peter denied Christ,we are told his speech revealed that he had been with Christ.Can people say that about us?Or we are the first to curse,critisise and speak in anger?Are even considerate of others?

If we are to have peace and joy in this world full of misery,then our words should be well calculated.We will even give account of our words,when Jesus comes (Revelation 22:12).And God is able to help each when of us to speak pure,edifying,kind words.

Let us prayerfully consider this passgage of scripture:

" Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."~Ephesians 4:29

"Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."-Colossians 4:6

" Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."-Ephesians 4:32.Kindness is also expressed in words!

May David's prayer be ours as well: "Set a guard over my mouth, Lord;
    keep watch over the door of my lips."-Psalm 141:3





"Our words should be words of praise and thanksgiving. If the mind and heart are full of the love of God, this will be revealed in the conversation." COL 338.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...