Friday 8 May 2015

What does God say about lying?


"Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight."~Proverbs 12:22
There's been a lot of debate around lying,especially among Christians.Some say it's okay to lie as long as it is going to benefit others.And they often quote Rahab's story to justify the means.Although what she did was good,I doubt that the lying was.
 One thing we are to understand is:God is too powerful and great and He does not need assistance from us.I believe even if Rahab hadn't intervened God would have come through for the spies.Remember the story of Lot?When the men from Sodom wanted to lay with the angels,God blinded them!Couldn't he have done the same in this case?
As for Rahab,we can excuse her because she wasn't a Christian-she was a prostitute but she risked her own life for these men,and I believe this all had to do with her salvation.But that's just MY opinion!
But look at what happened when Abraham lied about Sarah being her sister?What about Jacob who lied and got the blessings from His father?In the end he had to run away from home,all because he and her mother couldn't wait for God.
I personally believe we lie because we do not trust God enough.I remeber there was an instant someone had suggested that I lie about my address so that I can get the Western Cape Health bursary and I refused!At that point,I wasn't even sure if I'd get NSFAS.
A month later,NSFAS accepted me and I also got the bursary.This impressed upon my mind that we need not to lie but ONLY to trust!
"God's promises know no haste nor delay"-E.G.White

Your comments will appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...