Monday 18 May 2015

I yearn

to see simplicity that God's prophetess speaks about in courtships."The ideas of courtship have their foundation in erroneous ideas concerning marriage. They follow impulse and blind passion. The courtship is carried on in a spirit of flirtation. The parties frequently violate the rules of modesty and reserve and are guilty of indiscretion, if they do not break the law of God."-AH,p55.It's scary to me how some pics are so suggestive on facebook.Non-married couples hold hands and each other's waists and as I've studied I see no simplicity and modesty.I've even seen images where I thought the couple was married only to find out the latter. And maybe it is this spirit which makes falling into sexual sin easy.I pray we may be distinct from the world.Not only distinct because we are not kissing or hugging,but even in our conduct within courtship relationships.

It's my prayer that,when people look at my/your courtship they will not be drawn to how "good we look together",but be drawn to the One who has brought us together.I pray that when people see us they'd think we are just good friends who love the Lord.I get it,when you love someone you want the whole world to know:but let's reflect whether certain poses will honor God or the attention will be drawn away from him?

Yesterday,I was on my way to a friend.I saw a couple I know sitting across each other studying.And this scenery was beautiful to me.No cosyness,it was pure simplicity.And I believe that we need to be careful NOT to exalt our relationships in the place of God.There are instances where people have put more than 100 pictures of themselves as a couple-non-married couple.And I always wonder,what impression does this give to the non-believer?

No,it's encouraging to have pics of courting couples to see what activities they engage in-but I believe the pictures should not lead those who are not in relationships to feel lonely.In all we do,being in a courtship should not absorb our attention so much that we lose sight of our responsibilities,others etc.

We need to be mindful of God's presence!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...