Thursday 16 July 2015

It's sad

I find it funny that when  a Christian decides to adhere to God's will,the first ones to criticise him are Christians.The saying "we have more to fear from within than without" is so true.But then again Christ was hated and attacked by the same ones who claimed to follow God's way!Even looking at our pioneers,they were attacked by the same individuals placed in leadership.

But what i fail to understand is:why ?I see it as hate-after all,they hated Jesus.So I'm learning:the more you draw closer to Christ and allow Him to change you,you will be hated and some will claim that you are "acting holier than thou".It's scary and sad.It's sad that we cannot find comfort in those who are supposed to be holding our hands in the Christian journey.

So,when you start reforming,don't expect support.Sometimes you have to travel the road alone because it is "strait and narrow and few choose it".As for the criticism that will come,just let God fight the battles-so that when they point fingers they find nothing on you.
 
On the other hand,I pity the critics.Aren't you then questioning God Himself?In fact,it is not loving of you.Why not keep quiet rather?Or seek to truly understand why someone is doing such.Rather than to make the cross heavy to bear!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...