Monday 6 July 2015

A plea to ALL my Christian sisters

(This comes from my personal fb account,but it's relevant even here)

My dear sisters,I really feel I need to say this.It got me awake all night.
As God's daughters we really need to study how God would have us dress so that we can please him and NOT be stumbling blocks to other people,especially our dear brother.God has revealed exactly how he would have us dress.It's really heart breaking to come in God's house and see the same nakedness you try not to look at outside the church.
According to God's standard:the thighs,the legs and the hair should be covered.If they are not,it's nakedness.What breaks my heart even more is when we decide that stockings are a covering and wear the shortest dress in church.Do we know who God is?Do we have any idea how holy he is?Revelation 4 gives an insight and we're told that the angels cover themselves when they come before Him.How much should we?Sinful,mortal souls,ESPECIALLY SINCE IT'S A COMMAND FROM HIM.
When we come to God,let us come presentable,NOT in nakedness.When we go to church,people need to see a church woman and not mistake us for loose girls with no morals all because of what we are wearing.We need to consult the Holy Spirit to guide us in this area and believe me he does.I remember wearing my favourite bubble dress which revealed my thighs one Sabbath.I could hear the Holy Spirit telling me it was too short but I replied"I'm wearing stockings".A friend came and told me the same thing but I dismissed her.A terrible Sabbath I had!I felt uncomfortable-having to keep pulling my dress.I could not wait to go home so I could wear something else.
When I started studying about the matter of dress there were many things that made me hurt.The realisation that I was displeasing God by my dress but what hurt even more was the realisation that all these years I was tempting my brothers.It hurt.Males are created differently from us.They get stimulated when they see the woman's body-certain parts:legs.thighs,etc;but this is only meant to happen within the the marriage relation. We certainly don't want to play a part in that.We should cover ourselves not only for God and only allow our husbands to see our nakedness-not every male out there.
No one should be seeing our thighs-whether we are sitting or not-no one should.And wearing those tight,short dresses not only reveals our nakedness but are a stumbling block to the guys.I can almost imagine their frustration-trying to worship and having to turn away every time we stand/walk past because they do not want to think unholy thoughts.
It is not loving of us.There needs to be a difference!People should be able to seperate us from worldly women.Our dress should speak for itself.Please consider this matter.The house of the Lord is NOT a catwalk for us to showcase our nakedness nor a fashion show.Let us dress with this intention:To please God and in return we'll not be stumbling blocks.
Like · Comment · 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...