Tuesday 7 July 2015

Lest I condone evil

This has been on my mind for months now.It's all about the pictures and statuses we often like on facebook.And I realize sometimes we can encourage people in sin.I personally have started to weigh every pic I like.It doesn't make sense to me to like a pic of someone showing off thighs-it comes across as double standards to me.Knowing that God disapproves and still liking the pic.How will I then share dress reform with the person when I've winked at them not adhering to it?To me personally,liking a pic means I like everything in it,not just because it's someone I love.And so I refuse to condone impurity by liking your pics.

And then there are instances where Christians will like a pic that doesn't glorify God.For example:a girl would upload a pic of herself and her bf lying on the same bed-unmarried bear in mind and we still like the pic.Aren't we putting a stamp of approval on that behaviour and celebrating it,when we know they shouldn't even be sharing a bed as an unmarried couple.I've come to realise that people thrive on likes-and although some people may post things without the desire for likes,some will do it for likes.Sadly the more we like,the more repetitive the posts and God is dishonoured in the process.

I personally believe whatever we like on fb either brings glory to God or it doesn't.And so let us be slow to like: especially when God frowns upon it,because we'll be encouraging people in evil.After all,you don't owe anyone likes,even if it's your closest friend.If it's wrong,it's wrong.Which has me thinking:is it even loving of us to like a pic of someone doing something contrary to God's law.A practical example would:someone drinking alcohol.I believe it's not.

"Therefore whether you upload a pic/write a status/whatever you do on social networks,do it ALL to the glory of God" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...