Monday 20 July 2015

Sympathizing instead of mourning

"Angels are listening to hear what kind of report you are bearing to the world about your heavenly Master.Let your conversatiom be of Him who liveth to make intercession for you before the Father.When you take the hand of a friend,let praise to God be on your lips and in your heart.This will attract his thoughts to Jesus."

 All have trials;griefs hard to bear,temptations hard to resist.Do not tell your troubles to fellow mortals,but carry everything to God in prayer.Make it a rule never to utter one word of doubt or discouragement.You can do much to brighten the life of others and strengthen their efforts,by words of hope and holy cheer.

There is many a brave soul sorely pressed by temptation,almost ready to faint in the conflict with self and with the powers of evil.Do not discourage such a one in his hard struggle.Cheer him with brave,hopeful words that shall urge him on his way.Thus the light of Christ may shine from you."None of us liveth for himself." Romans 14:7.

By our unconscious influence others may be encouraged or strengthened,or they may be discouraged,and repelled from Christ and the truth." ~Steps to Christ.page 91

The last statement is really heart-breaking.How many people have I misled!To think that while not aware,I could lead others away from Christ.This means we(I) are to be mindful of the influence we have and we are to be always under the influence of the Holy Spirit.Indeed,we can do nothing when we are not in the Vine.

Maybe,I need to keep quiet and say nothing;lest by opening my mouth I be a vessel in the hands of the devil :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...