Wednesday 29 July 2015

More reasons to celebrate!!!

A few months ago while in the library, I met a coloured guy.I was writing a blog post and he read what I was writing.He asked if I was Christian and questioned me on why he should believe in God alone.Everytime he saw me,he called me his sister.He even came to my defence one day.There's a section in the library where you need an administrator to log on for you before you can get access.So,this one morning the computers were logged in.One of the workers in the library asked how I had loggen in.He told her I'm a Christian and I'd never do such (this still makes me weigh my behaviour,because people are watching even when we are unconscious).

Anyway,I prayed for him-asking that God will reveal the truth to him.I'd wanted to give him  Steps to Christ but didn't have a chance.Today I saw him again and he told me about God.Wow!!!I thank God and I cannot express how grateful I am.He understands the Godhead,that Jesus is God and he has been there from the beginning and so it is with Holy Spirit.He even went to tell me how false the Islam religion is since it's man-made.He went on to talk about the Old Testament being redundant.I told him it's the ceremonial laws that have become redundant as they were pointing to Jesus.He agreed!He understands that God is the Creator God :).

The only thing he has a problem with is pork-lol.He told me about the Scripture where Paul says when we thank God for the food it becomes clean (still to read this).But he also spoke about Daniel's diet and God wanting us to eat it.I was touched-still am.I called him my brother!He was quick to reply "not yet".He used a vulgar word and was quick to say,"excuse my language".I really thank God for what he is doing for him.He tells me he has been studying the Bible,the Quran and another book-forgot it.

I am filled with joy for what God is doing for him.He has really grown and he has accepted a lot of biblical truths-Christ's incarnation,His death and Resurrection,His requirements-men loving their wives and serving as priests,women respecting their husbands.He even mentioned that if we are not for God,then we are for satan.Such significant truths.I'll keep praying till he accepts the truth as is according to God's word.Please help me pray for him.

Nothing is as humbling and makes me happy and filled with joy like souls accepting the truth as is and searching for God's Word for themselves.I'd like to be in heaven.It will be such a grand union.To meet those we've shared the word with,to meet the ones we've prayed for and more.Indeed,it is only God who can bring about repentance in people's hearts.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...