Tuesday 21 July 2015

How CAN WE on God's conditions when we CAN'T on His conditions

The brother shared this message the week before last and today it came to mind and I feel sad-sad at the fact that I want to partake of the privileges of being in a relationship with God but I'm not willing to do my part.God's love is unconditional but every promise has conditions.As much as everything he offers is free-we still have to play our part.

God gave Adam and Eve everything and He laid only 1 condition for them-to not eat on three of knowledge of good and evil.And up to this day God still lays condition for us.But sadly we often turn a blind eye to the conditions while expecting to receive the conditions.We want God to bless and keep us-which is fair but are worth keeping?Are we living lives that are blessing others?

We want to eneter into heaven but we are not willing to "be seperate" and leave sin alone.We want marriage-but we are not married to Him.We want all these promises.But the question is:Can God even trust us with His promises,when we don't meet the requirements.

We love hearing that God loves us but we are not willing to let go of things he hates.It's not fair.God has a heart.He gets hurt too.Let's play fair for once.Let's look at the conditions and do our part in adhering to the conditions so that He may play His.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...