Monday 6 July 2015

Submission

I was listening to a presentation on woman ordination by Jennifer Arruda and she got me thinking and I've been blessed and chastined.Especially when she started talking about God's order of the family:the man as the head and the wife submissive.And the sad thing is,marriage is NOT after God's order these days.We've got wives who call for 50/50,who talk anyhow to their husbands and this is one thing I pray I never do to my husband.Can't imagine raising my voice to him-but I'm not there yet;but I know God will help me.

There's something sad about watching a wife speak anyhow to the husband.It's really demeaning and I pray that as women we may accept that men have been called by God to lead and we are t be submissive to them.We are not to raise our voices to them.But this is my thought:if we aren't submissive to God first,our brothers and our fathers and all male leadership in our lives,how will we respect our husbands?

I know of a wife who calls the husband by name.It might seem like a little thing,but now the kids grow up knowing the name of their father-personally I find this faulty.Xhosa women often refer to their husband as "taka..."...calling them as the father of their children.We need that back.Submission doesn't mean slave or inferior,but it's God's order.Hope these 2 quotes will do justice to the point  I'm trying to bring home.

"Acceptance of the divinely ordered hierarchy means acceptance of authority-first of all,God's authority and then those lesser authorities which He has ordained.A husband and a wife are both under God,but their positions are not the sane.A wife is to submit herself to the husband.The husband's rank is given to him by God,as the angels and animals rank are assigned,not chosen or earned.The mature man acknowledges that he did not earn or deserve his place by superior intelligence,virtue,strength,or amiability.The mature woman acknowledges that submission is the will of God for her,and obedience to this will is no more a sign of weakness in her than it was in the Son of Man when He said,"Lo,I come-to do Thy will,O God."~Elisabeth Elliot

"It is the woman's delighted yielding to the man's leading that gives him freedom.It is the man's willingness to take the lead that gives her freedom.Acceptance of their respective position frees them whirls them into joy"~Elisabeth Elliot

And every command is for our own good and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...