Tuesday 31 March 2015

Friendships :)

I've always heard girls saying they prefer males to be their friends as compared to females.And their reasons seemed valid:girls can be moody and competitive,I used to be!But since changing growing up has taught me that  females can have proper friendships that are fulfilling without ANY complications.

I believe the reason most friendships turn out sour is because they  do not have any principles and in most cases there are no shared values between the individuals.We often fight with each other because we do not practise love at all times and we often fail to practise the golden rule:doing to others as we would like them to do towards us.We lose on valuable friendships because we are NOT willing to let self aside and we sometimes do not think before saying things.How many friendships would have been saved,if only we had refrained from saying a hurtful thing?

It is only when we allow God's spirit to reign in our hearts that we can have fulfilling,uplifting relationships where there are no arguments involved.I've been friends with dear sisters for 5 years and I believe it is through prayer and considering their feelings that our friendship has managed to last this long.

I've met one particular lady which has demonstrated that friendship is a gift from God.She has been kind,encouraging me when I felt weak and her presence in my life has led me to seek Jesus more.She's taught me so much;from how to be a godly woman,how to be modest and above all she's taught me to trust in the Lord.

This is what friendship should be about!  I believe relationships between females should not be that complicated.We don't need to be 'friends' and start sharing personal info with each other but we can all afford to be kind and provide support.That's what Christianity is about:you DON'T love,care,show kindness because someone is your friend BUT because they belong to God and they are human.


And I personally believe females and males cannot be friends-in the truest sense of the word,because one between the two parties is likely to interpret the relationship otherwise!Not that we should not interact with males BUT we should guard our hearts so that we do not send mixed messages.Many ladies have been hurt because they mistook a guy's kindness for something else.

For example:I cannot treat males the same way I treat my females friends/sisters.I cannot visit a brother for no apparent reason and alone.

As ladies professing godliness we should always note that our behaviour has an influence for good or bad and it is sinful to do anything that causes another person to fall.If we love our brothers,we will not put them in situations where they are likely to be tempted or commit sin.

I believe that if we girls can put our differences aside and be there for each other:then there will be a decrease in the number of depressed individuals or those who commit suicide or fall into sin.If we were sincerely our sister's keepers,I believe many would be able to overcome certain sins because we would encourage and share our experiences with each other.

If we cannot live happily and in harmony with other  here on earth,how can we in heaven?We often dislike each other because we compare ourselves to one another but no one is better than the other. I've learnt that we all have our faults and we are all struggling. We all are facing one enemy;the devil.We ALL have issues to deal with,so no use hating!Instead,we should stand together so that we all go to heaven.

#Learning and Unlearning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...