Monday 30 March 2015

Godliness in our everyday relations,Part 1

A dear sister and I were talking about true modesty and I must say it's quite a journey. We really need the Holy Spirit and we need to be subjected to the will of God.

One thing that really concerns me is familiarity between the opposite sextant familiarity between the singles and those that are married.

We are to relate to each other as brothers and sisters, in holiness. The word of God encourages males to treat the sisters in purity. As sisters, we are encouraged to be meek, modest and to carry ourselves with shamefacedness. Furthermore, the word of God does not encourage jesting and joking, so it's crucial to be mindful of how we conduct ourselves because there are angels recording all that we do and God is watching.

But I'll deal with females here as I know some of the challenges they meet. One thing I have learnt is, we shouldn't allow males to be comfortable with us such that they feel free to touch us, or to make impure suggestions.

I have also learnt that when we interact with married men/those that are in relations, we are to be mindful of their spouses/significant others. For example: we are not to encourage married to share their marital problems with us nor should we have secret interactions with them whereby the wives are not aware or not present. We are to keep a distance.

As a personal rule, I don't call males-unless it’s for God’s glory/academic related; so that I minimize my interaction with them nor do I chat late at night with them. I also believe we are to be mindful of how we behave towards other people's boyfriends. For example, why call someone's boyfriend just to check on him?An sms /whatsapp/email is better.I personally believe ladies should on check on other ladies and vice versa. Not that we should be cold towards each other but we are to be modest about it, so that we do not allow the devil to take charge. Also, we should not linger around males to get their attention.

 I've also learnt that males and females cannot be friends, in the truest sense of the word-as this allows for them to be emotionally attached and in turn a relationship may take place, where it shouldn't have. Closeness between a male and female should occur after both parties are in a relationship.

All in all: our interaction with one another should not encourage evil; we need to uplift one another without being stumbling blocks or giving off wrong signals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...