Wednesday 25 March 2015

What's on my mind lately


I had to read an article on chronic poverty that was published in 2003 and it was heart-breaking.

In 2003:

2,7 million households were headed by females only and the males only offered financial support once in a while
2,7 million households were headed by the elderly,in most cases,the grandmother
About 800 000 farmers were retrenched
 There are about 500 000 orphans due to AIDS

And all these individuals are affected by chronic poverty!

Now my question is;what are we,as Christians and those who are pursuing an education doing about these conditions?

In fact,do we even feel the burden of those who are suffering or we are pleased with being well-off while others die in hunger.
I believe we should choose to be educated NOT because we want to be respected,but because we want to help those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...