Tuesday 10 March 2015

How much are you willing to compromise to get married?

Yesterday I had a chat with my roommate about the fact that I'm a vegetarian.She asked, what will I do if my husband eats meat?I told her I wouldn't marry someone who eats meat.Meat eating does seem like a little thing,but  men fell through appetite and God requires our bodies to be in excellent condition and there is a direct link between what we put in our mouth and our spirituality.

How much more when it comes to doctrinal matters?The Bible is clear that we should NOT be in relations with those of different faith. God prohibited intermarriage between the Israelites and the nations they were to come into contact with.We know what happened when the Israelites disobeyed.they broke the first commandment: idol worship. We are no different:you are bound to choose a man over God-you are no EXCEPTION.

Furthermore,there will always be points of disagreement. No,you won't meet someone who adheres to every doctrine because the Christian journey is progressive; but the individual should be striving towards holiness. But note:they should be of the same faith.

If the person wants to become an SDA,let him,but don't interfere with their growth and evangalise him with the intention of being in a relationship with him.

My point is:better work at certain issues now,before entering marriage because there is no turning back. Your salvation is at stake. Rather marry someone who will not be a stumbling block to your journey to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...