Monday 16 March 2015

There is a time for everything

The world I live in is becoming scary day by day.A few days ago I was listening to a radio show where they were discussing decriminalizing sexual intercourse between those between the ages of 12 to 16.The member of this law went on to say they are not "legalizing" sexual intercourse. In my opinion they are.Unfortunately, the interview could not go on due to bad communication.

I must say that this breaks my heart.Where are the parents in all of this and how did it get here?Are you telling me that those who make the rules do not consider what benefits a child?

But all I know is,teenagehood should NOT be about making decisions about dating or engaging in risky behaviour such as sexual intercourse, experimenting with drugs or parenthood.Instead,it should be a time for development intellectually,morally and socially. It should be a time where teenagers
 develop skills which will equip them to be less dependent on their parents and on the government.

I look back at my teenage years and I still don't have an adequate reason as to why I dated and what I gained.I can only discourage those in school who are considering this path as it is just a hindrance.I remember how my junior secondary school principal always said:there will always be boys and there will always be girls-they will never run out,so you re not missing out on anything.

Had many waited for the right time:they would not be sick,drop-outs or living lives they regret.What people/media fails to tell is:there are always consequences when you rush.Some have lost their self-worth all because they rushed.

Good things come to those who wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...