Friday 20 March 2015

True beauty,Part 1

I live in a world where we are constantly bombarded about beauty.There are always new beauty products that are constantly invented to "beautify" us.Media is always using the term and advising us on how to be beautiful.

But what is beauty and is beauty what we should pursue?Let me first define beauty accordingly.I believe beauty is skin deep and it has little to do with our physical attributes. Some may disagree and say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

We sometimes spend so much time trying to beautify the physical(outside) while we neglect the inside and that shouldn't be the case. When we consult the author of beauty-God,defines it differently.

The Bible encourages inward beauty-which is characterized by meekness,love,kindness etc.So we can conclude that our characters should be beautiful, because it is what matters the most. What is the use of having a beautiful face when the heart is full of hate,rudeness,perversion?I believe beauty must start inside then outward.

What I'm trying to say is:we need to spend more time improving our characters so that the world may become a better place.Nowadays,we find young girls engrossed about beauty but they lack moral worth and self respect.We need a change.

Our sisters need to know:"beauty"-physical attribute, isn't everything and it's not a priority.What matters is what is inside the heart.You can be the most gorgeous lady yet people may hate your PRESENCE because you are rude and self-centered. It is better to be valued because of who you are than what you look like.Beauty fades but a character is of great worth.

God says we should pursue beautiful,pure characters.When I look back at how obsessed I was about beauty I'm ashamed because it didn't avail to nothing.In my language they have this expression:"you must suffer for beauty" and for a while I did::relaxing my hair and wearing high heels;but as I have progressed in my Christian journey,I've realised,true beauty requires no physical pain.

"The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years."~Audrey Hepburn


Beauty goes with simplicity!

"3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight."~1 Peter 3:3-4

 
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."~Proverbs 31:30











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...