Tuesday 17 February 2015

As a woman:being loud DOES NOTmake you INFLUENTIAL!

 Growing up,I thought that there was only one way for a woman to be INFLUENTIAL.I thought you had to be loud or you had to become a preacher.I noticed how women preachers were admired and always receive attention;but it's only now that I realise:you can be an introvert and still make a huge difference in people's lives.

You don't have to be an extrovert,a preacher,educated,and in a leadership position to fulfill God's duty for you as a woman.You can be a light irregardless of what you have or do not have.By the words you speak,by the acts of kindness you perform,by expounding the word with those who do not understand,by your prayers and your example and many other good deeds.

For the past year,I've been observing various women in church.The first one is my elder's wife:she's an introvert,down to earth and soft spoken.She never meddles in other people's business.As soon as church is out,she looks after her toddlers.One trait that stands out in her is her ability to choose when to speak and when not to.As a result:a lady who was backsliding,has come to church because of her influence.


The second one is my "third" mother.She also doesn't say much;but her presence is comforting.There's always joy and peace wherever she goes.

And last Sabbath I met a lovely sister for the first time and I was instanly drawn to her;there wasn't anything about her clothes or hair.But what attracted me to her is her deportment-especially what comes out of her mouth.Every word praises God and she is filled with so much gratitude and praise for her master and she speaks with wisdom.I pray that I may be like her-modest inside and out.

I can go on mentioning all these women:Some,always bring Christ in every little thing they do,they are meek,kind,caring and more.And I thank God for the opportunity of letting me meet them so that I can learn what it means to be feminine,modest and godly by example.
 
You can be INFLUENTIAL in every sphere!

*As I learn,step by step
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...