Monday 23 February 2015

INSPIRATIONAL WOMEN FROM THIS DAY AND AGE

Last year I spent the whole year at home and so I attended my home church.As I read the Bible and learnt new things from SOP I wished there was a female I could share these with on a face-to-face basis and even if I could get a mentor.So,I kept praying for one.And I did meet one dear friend who is like-minded but she lived far.

Not that there aren't godly women in my church but you know how it sometimes hard to maintain a godly conversation with most females and distractions.Plus I wanted someone who dressed accordingly and I've always wanted someone who knows better than me.

Fast forward to 2015,God grants my prayer.I met her a week before last.I had seen her on a sister's facebook page and I somehow had the desire to meet her. And I did.The minute she opened her mouth,she only spoke words of comfort,and her behaviour and dress were intune with Bible priciples-which makes me more excited. 

It's my first time meeting someone who is meek,kind,reserved,wise-(who is the same age/around the same age as me) and all that the Bible speaks about.Her mouth always speaks words of counsel.I love how you can see that she lives what she speaks.

It's easy to quote SOP and the Bible,while you have no relationship with God.With her it's different.She's not loud/proud.She's reverent.You can tell that she fears and loves the Lord.I'm in awe as I think of her.Everytime I speak with her I develop the strong desire to sit at the feet of Jesus.I've decided that I'll just listen when she speaks and meditate on the words she shares.

She just makes me want to be more like Jesus and I just pray that God keeps her here,so that I can draw more wisdom from her!It's rare to find such people in this day and age.Yes,they are spiritual;but you'll realize they are not eager to adhere to certain principles.

How I pray that when I open my mouth,every word I speak will be carefully selected.Every word spoken will honor Christ and be a word spoken in season.How I just pray that my Christianity will draw others to Christ.

You know she doesn't need to joke,or jest because every word she speaks is a healing balm.I'm really motivated!I know that God is able to make me "meek,reserved,calm,kind,reverend" and all that He would have me become.

I just want speak that which I live.

I should ask her to become my mentor :)!

*As I learn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...