Thursday 26 February 2015

DO NOT RUSH!

One thing my mom has always told me is to not rush to the marriage altar and I concur!She has always told me to do everything I want to accomplish before settling in as I might not have the opportunity once I'm settled-not to say marriage is a barrier to achieving one's dreams.I now understand her point.Marriage goes with its duties and carrying an extra load will make marriage difficult or circumstances beyond our control may occur which will be a hindrance.

The sad reality is:the media  presents the mother as someone who can balance work,education and motherhood.But Biblically-is this right?I've learnt that mothers are to be home-keepers(Titus 2:5).I learnt this year that,even without the kids,the wife needs to run the home.

I've  met quite a few mothers who are actually studying at Uni.But I cannot help but worry because they are not doing their duty well.The kids are neglected and the husband is not well-taken care of.One married friend of mine mentioned how she is busy that her husband complained that he was hungry!I'm not judging her nor do I know the reasons behind her choice to study,but I do know-she is neglecting her higher calling.

And my advice to those who want to get married soon is:consider whether you've accomplished all your dreams and consider all the other things you'd want to do,that will prevent you from your marital duties.Also taking into consideration your kids-what will be their end?Will they be spiritually fit for heaven,when you have neglected your duty?

I've come to this conclusion for myself: if I cannot do my duties as a married woman and a mother,I have no business getting married.If I want car before marriage-then I'll not marry till I get it.
My point is:use the time you have to accomplish all you want so that you do not end up resenting your husband and your children from keeping you away from your accomplishments,while you had the time.If he cannot wait,then let him go.No use getting into something when you have not made the right prepations for it.

Or you might consider not having kids,so that you can do that which will not hinder you from being a good wife.Or you can consider distance learning.But then again I doubt if they offer such for practical courses like nursing,pharmacy etc.Even in colleges,it takes much time.

We are told the husband of the Proverbs 31 trusts in his wife-I believe he knows that when his wife is around,he will be taken care of.

Don't rush!Even if I get married at 30(but I hope I'll be in heaven by then) I don't mind-as long as I will give my all to my marriage.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...