Tuesday 17 February 2015

MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT MODESTY/DRESS REFORM

I've always had the idea that a change in dress into a modest apparel will make me a better person. But I've come to realize:like the law cannot change us,so it is with modest apparel.
It is only when Christ dwells within us:when every word,action and decision is made to honor God do we then become modest in the truest sense of the word.

You can still be covered:but you can still spend endless hours trying to get attention of the opposite sex-daydreaming about him,being rude,impatient,disrespecting the eldery etc.I've seen it in my life:it doesn't help if my heart is not changed and is not after Christ's will.What is the use of dressing to cover nakedness while the heart is full of hate,coveteousness,grudge,evil plans etc?

My point is this:We really need Christ-we need him to help us overcome all the evil habits in our lives.We need His Spirit to help us to be:kind,to be loving and to bear all the fruit of the Spirit.We need to exercise our will to be less about us;we need God to help us to stop entertaining impure thoughts-whether sexual/evil.We need God to help us not to be stumbling blocks and to receive every teaching.

But it all starts in the mind:we are to pay careful attention on what we dwell in and as SOP counsels us:we are to guard the avenues of our souls.You can never be entirely pure,if you still watch shows that are in contrast with the word of God.You may argue that you do not agree but the fact that you are watching them means the opposite.

Then as we allow him to change the inside,there will be change OUTWARDLY.It's first the heart then the inside!Spend time in prayer asking the Lord to give you victory in all the areas that you struggle with and all will be done according to His will.

May God help me first,for I fall short of all these qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...