Wednesday 4 February 2015

LESSONS GOD IS TEACHING,PART 4:

Lessons from Adventist Home,Chapter 40:

-The role of the mother is the most crucial role above every other role that a wife can fill and God writes the name of the faithful mother in the book of life God has called wives to take care of the home and this is pleasing to God (Titus 2:5; 1Timothy 5:14)
-Mothers are to regard teaching and instructing their children as a missionary field because the souls of their children(child) are of importance in God's sight.
-It is the devil's studied plan and it is a deception to think that as a mother you should have a career because motherhood is a career on its own.

So,all in all,I've learnt that motherhood is not an inferior role .The good of the society depends on the teachings of mothers

It's also important to note that being a mother doesn't mean one does not have to study or pursue a career,because they will have to be teachers to their children-so it's better when the mother is knowledgable so that she can give her children the best education.

My own thoughts:

Jesus and John were homeschooled and they turned out very well.Moses also comes to mind-because of his mother's teachings,he fulfilled his life purpose.

I now realize that marriage isn't child's play.It is the medium to save souls.It is God's order that the man should take care if the family while the wife tends the kids and the home;but the father is not excused from taking care of the children.I now realize that I need to not only think of the marriage I'd like to have (if God has called me to it),but the future I'd like to give my child(ren).

I now realize one  one does not prepare for marriage during engagement but before one enters into a relationship.

As I learn and unlearn.How I pray that I may accept these teachings as they are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...