Sunday 28 June 2015

But Why?


There's this spirit that has become so common to Christianity that it scares me and I pray that I do not cherish it.We have become so hardened that when we are corrected we are so quick to cry out "don't judge" and we are so intolerant when we don't understand what someone is saying but the ironic thing is we are quick to attack.I've seen it on fb and it's even happened to me.It's scary.

People always comment to attack and I always wonder: would it kill them to ask?Would it kill them to be kind,even when voicing their own opinions?Would it kill to be slow to comment/not comment at all when they don't have something better to say?I pray that God may give us quickness to obey rather than to see that we're being judged.So what if we're being judged?Shouldn't we fix those areas anyway?We are so quick to say the preacher is harsh!How is he harsh when he is speaking God's word? I think the reality of the matter is we're proffessing godliness while denying the power thereof and these are the fruits.

And this is how the devil would have it.If we are using the same Bible and we are guided by the same Spirit,why don't we always come to the same conclusion?The problem is not with the Bible or the Spirit which inspired it,but with us and may we be mindful that we don't engage in vain debates.

2 Timothy 2:23-24New International Version (NIV)

23 Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24 And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.

May we not be like the Israelites and end up saying:

Isaiah 30:10King James Version (KJV)

10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...