Tuesday 16 June 2015

Why not consult God?

The Bible is full of instruction,guidelines and what we ought to do to please God.God in his love,has revealed everything in his Word so that we may purified and changed into His likeness.But there are certain instances when God may command us to do something and we may struggle to put into practice.

In my case,I've struggled with what it really means to be 'meek and have a quiet spirit' and I've often wondered if I should be quiet-as not say much,since I'm an introvert or what?And there has been other Scriptures I've struggled with-like what it really means to be submissive and to love purely...But amid such confusion,I've learnt that God is the one I should turn to.

I mean the fact that God commands us to do something is proof that He knows how it should be done,so why not ask Him to show you how?Why struggle alone when God waits in loving kindness to grant us what we ask ?We often want to hear what others think or how others do it-and there's absolutely nothing wrong with this,but man tends to err and only God is infallible.

My point is this:God is the best adviser and He knows how we are to fulfill every command and He is the best person to consult since He's the one we are trying to please.We need not to find commentaries on God's Word because God has Given us the Holy Spirit who will lead us into truth (John 16:8).Who best,than the Holy Spirit?

"Howbeit when he,the Spirit of truth,is come,he shall guide you in all truth:for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever things he shall hear,that shall he speak : and he will show you things to come.He shall glorify me: for he shall show it you."~John 16:13-14

We need to counsel with God always and we need to know His voice.If not,how will He lead us?


#As I learn  

1 comment:

  1. This line of yours is so so true. (Along with everything else of course) "We often want to hear what others think or how others do it-and there's absolutely nothing wrong with this,but man tends to err and only God is infallible."

    ReplyDelete

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...