Thursday 4 June 2015

True Beauty as defined by the author of beauty:God

"Girls should be taught that the true charm of womanliness is not alone in beauty of form or feature, nor in the possession of accomplishments; but in a meek and quiet spirit, in patience, generosity, kindness, and a willingness to do and suffer for others. They should be taught to work, to study to some purpose, to live for some object, to trust in God and fear Him, and to respect their parents. Then as they advance in years, they will grow more pure-minded, self-reliant, and beloved. It will be impossible to degrade such a woman. She will escape the temptations and trials that have been the ruin of so many".4Health Reformer, December, 1877./Child Guidance,p140

Above all,these are my desires as I've been founded lacking:a meek and quiet spirit,patience,generosity,kindness,a willingness to do and suffer for others!My only prayer and how I pray as sisters we may hunger and agonise for such traits.The Lord will surely impart them to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...