Wednesday 17 June 2015

Object lesson from typos

I love writing!It's something I do on a daily basis and I often have to resist the urge of writing more than 3 blog posts in one day-that's how much I enjoy it;plus I feel like I express myself well in writing as compared to speaking.I find writing therapeutic but I often dread doing a spell check or reading what I've written  all over again to avoid errors.But I now realize that I need to due to many typos I've written ( of which I'm truly sorry) and lest I confuse you dear readers.Also my heart almost breaks when I find out I have some typos-love perfection!Plus,we're commanded not 'to be slothful in business' and I believe the principle applies even here,since the end goal of my blog posts is to lift up Christ and are commanded to do everything 'unto the Lord'.

The thing about typing errors is some people might get that you've made a mistake and we'll be able to get what you're saying but there'll be another class that will get confused or who may even think your typo is actually correct.And the unfortunate thing is,even if you go and edit the blog posts afterwards-like I usually do,they might never read the blog post again.

This is teaching me that we(I) need to be very mindful of what we say or whatever we do,because once it is said/done,it cannot be taken back and it will exert an influence for good or for evil.And the thing that saddens me is: we Christians tend to be a little care free on social media and for some reason we say things or put pics that aren't a good representation of  God.And sadly,once you've said it/posted that pic,even if you remove it,a soul will be influenced.Hence,it is better to refrain from being active on social media if you're going through something and pray about it rather.

As much as we are being pruned and we're still learning,we need to be always mindful that there are those who are looking at everything we do and through our conduct we are gathering or scattering.Like it is vital to do a spelling check and proof read an essay or any written work that is to be read by others,we need to allow the Holy Spirit to proof read all that we do and we need to listen to him.If he tells us not to write a certain status or post a certain pic,then we shouldn't,lest we gain followers in wrongdoing.

We also need to be acquainted with God's word so that we can measure all that we do and say against it.After all,whether we like it or not,everything we do,as small as it may seem,has an influence to lead people to God or otherwise.And we are all accountable for the influence we exert.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...