Monday 15 June 2015

Holiness

The Christian journey is a battle and God has called us to be seperate,distinct and holy.I'm learning that if I want to be holy,and if we want to be holy,we need to turn away from every worldly thing and from every thing that promotes ungodliness,even in the slightest sense.And that includes what we watch,listen to,read etc.

I cringe when I watch TV.I've realised that I can't even watch news because of the Ads!Has anyone noticed how filthy and suggestive the adverts are?A body lotion always has a boy/girl thing going.There's too much nakedness as well.I can't even go to things like series(es) or soapies-they are promoting sin-from adultery to murder.

Even ads that seem helpful-like the ones about Aids prevention-they still promote fornication.It's disturbing.But this shows:we can never look at the world for MORALITY or GODLINESS,but to the one who has called us to it.The Word of God and the life of Christ is the standard.

"For God hath not called us unto uncleanliness,but unto godliness."-1 Thessalonians 4:7

"Put to death,therefore,whatever belongs to earthly nature:sexual immorality,impurity,lust,evil desires and greed,which is idolatry.Because of these,the wrath of God is coming.You used to walk in these ways,in the life you once lived.But you must rid yourselves of all such things as these;anger,rage,malice,slander and filthy language from your lips.Do not lie to each other,since you have taken off your old self,which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator."-Colossians 3:5-10

"Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body,that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin:but yield yourselves unto God,as those that are alive from the dead,and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.For sin shall not have dominion over you:for ye are not under law,but under grace."~Romans 6:12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...