Wednesday 10 June 2015

Love is the best solution

I'm blessed beyond measure to have my mom in my life and daily I realise this.Not everyone is blessed to have a mother,a God-fearing mother who'd rather suffer just so you can have the best-God!

From grade 1 to grade 4 we attended a local school and had we continued to grade 5,we would have gotten bursaries to study in a multi-racial school.But God had other plans!An SDA primary school visited my church and I must say,I was impressed.The way these kids knew God,spoke english well,sang well,you could tell they loved Jesus.But there was one problem,my mom wouldn't afford the fees since the school was self-supporting and she had to pay for I and my brother.But my mom took a step a faith and sent us to the school.

I remember I didn't even have a brand new uniform and we sometimes struggled for busfare,,but through all that,the school was a blessing.It was there that I met Christ,learnt to enjoy reading God's word and to read SOP.The school really molded me.As I look back,I realised the school's teachings saved me from a lot of bad decisions.I'm glad that I never went to model-c schools/multi-racial school because I was molded and the sense of choosing good above wrong was enforced.

Moreover,I'm glad my mom sacrificed money for us to know God.I'm glad she loved us and still does.God bless her :-).I'm glad she chose what will benefit us in the end!My twin agrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...