Tuesday 16 June 2015

Love...

Lately,God has been teaching me about love :),true love.And I must say,love is such a beautiful thing and a hard thing too!Because the carnal mind,the sinful heart is not inclined to love,it is inclined to seeking it's own above other's wishes;but true love is the exact opposite.It's a pity that love has been dragged to a low level and is often associated with feelings and roses and chocolates.Love can include those BUT is not defined by them.Love nowadays is only presented in the context of dating/marriage relationships.But love involves our siblings,friends,parents,brethren and even strangers according to God.

Love is surely not a feeling-and for sometime I struggled with this concept,I thought I had to be loving towards others because of how I felt towards them,and God is helping me in this area.I'm now learning that I shouldn't love because of what the person has done/who the person is,but I'm to  love because God asks me to and God has loved us first-not that we deserve to be loved!

Love is a choice-you choose to love even if you feel the exact opposite.For example,if a friend says something that offends me,I still choose to love them regardless of what they've said.So,love is not something that is inherited or something that is for certain people,we all can choose to love!And it is the greatest choice.

According to me:
-Love forgives-countless times God has forgiven me and those dear to me
-Love sacrifices-my mom defines this.She always puts I and my brother's needs first and put hers last.God did a great job in this area.
-Love prays for the other person
Love rejoices with the other
Love is caring
Love is truthful and will not let you go astray
Love protects
Love does no harm-unintentionally
Love rejoices in making the other happy
Love seeks the best for the other
Love is patient with the mistakes of others-but it doesn't overlook them
Love is understanding-puts itself in the other person's shoes

How I pray from now on that I'll be known as the most loving person!May God impart His love to me.For there is nothing greater than love.

"And now abideth faith,hope,charity,these three;but the greatest of these is charity"-1 Corinthians 13:13

"Love is a precious gift,which we receive from Jesus.Pure and holy affection is not a feeling,but a principle.Those who are actuated by love are neither blind or unreasonable.There is but little real,genuine,devoted,pure love.This precious article is rare.Passion is termed love.True love is a high and holy principle,altogether different in character from that love which is awakened by impulse and suddenly dies when tested.Love is a plant of heavenly growth,and must be fostered and nourished.Affectionate hearts,truthful,loving words will make happy families and exert an everlasting influence upon all who come within the sphere of their influence."~Adventist Home,Chapter 7,page 50.


#As I learn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...