Friday 12 June 2015

MY BURDEN

I feel this heavy load when I think of my sisters,the younger ones specifically. I pray that you do not make the same mistakes that some of us have made. I thought beauty was all I had to pursue, to be liked and to imitate the likes of Beyonce. I dated just-but when I look back,it’s been a waste of my time.And I sometimes wish I could hide you in my closet so that you don’t travel through the same path I took.

It’s my prayer for you to have a relationship with God-he’s the best friend we could ask for and he understands every struggle we face.I hope and pray that instead of spending endless hours watching tv and in the company of friends,you’ll spend more time reading God’s Word and praying so that you may know His purpose for your life.

I pray that you choose God and His principles over parties,sleepovers,gossip and alcohol.It’s my prayer that you realise that beauty isn’t everything.Instead,you pursue holiness-physically,in thoughts,in deeds and in everything.I pray that you may not be just girls who attend church and look good but you have an actual relationship with God.

It’s my prayer that you realise that your body is the temple of God and no-one has a right to touch you or see it. I pray that you may realise that God wants you to shun fornication and youthful lust.I hope you’ll choose to not give you virginity to someone’s who’s not your husband nor will you get into relationships UNTIL God sees you fit and ready to get married.

It’s my prayer that you may be like Mary;pure and a vessel ready to be used for God’s purpose.I pray that you may feel the burden of other young boys and girls who do not know Jesus and you’ll share him with them.It’s my prayer,that like Jesus,you’ll be cheerful helpers to your parents and your parents will be able to depend on you.I pray that like Jesus,you’ll honor your parents so that you may be able to honour God.

I pray that like Jesus,you’ll do everything to the best of your abilities:not slothful in business.I pray that you’ll preserve your mind:study hard and be good students,10 times better than the worldlings,so that others may be drawn to your Jesus who is wisdom and offers it.

It’s my prayer that you’ll not be absorbed in fashion,hair and your looks,but you’ll allow and seek Jesus to fashion you according to His likeness-meek,pure,truthful,loving,kind.It’s my prayer that instead of seeking to be beautiful outside,you’ll seek to be godly young women.Like Hannah-who prayed,like Esther who fulfilled God’s purpose.I pray that you’ll spend time serving others like Dorcas,instead of spending countless hours taking selfies.

It’s my prayer that when others look at you:they will see dignified young women who are after God’s heart.I pray that your language will be different from your peers-you words free from swearing and you’ll always speak respectfully to your peers and your elders.I really pray that you’ll be yourselves-not try to imitate anyone but fulfil God’s calling for you.

It’s my prayer that you be influential and have a presence that does not entertain evil.I pray that when you’re around,others will choose their words carefully because you are a princess,daughter of God.I pray that others will see that you are God’s daughter,without you making mention of that.

I pray that you’ll spend time learning about godly women from the Bible,instead of idolising women who do not fear God nor respect their bodies.I pray that when Jesus looks down on earth you’ll be representatives of His kingdom.I just hope you can be different-different in the way you dress,eat,live because you understand that God wants you to be holy and set apart.

It’s my prayer that you’ll guard your hearts,not be led by emotions but by God’s principles.I hope you’ll choose to counsel with God before making any decision.I hope you’ll choose to be lowly like Jesus,not seeking attention but seeking to please Him always.I pray that you’ll not at all try to get the attention of boys and you’ll understand that your worth comes from God because He has loves you and died for you and He still loves you.I hope you’ll see males as brothers whom Christ has died for-who need salvation and you’ll not do things that will make it difficult for them to be holy.

I hope you’ll choose God’s word over magazines;you’ll choose to be your mother’s helpers instead of gossiping and you’ll choose God over every earthly thing-because life is senseless without Him.I hope you’ll choose God’s ways so that you may be preserved from making wrong decisions which will cause scars and shame.And I hope you’ll choose eternity !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...